Tremco Tremsil 400 Single-Component, Neutral-Cure Silicone Sealant - 10.1 Fluid Ounce Cartridge
- 10.1 fluid ounce cartridge
- High-performance, single-component, neutral-cure, medium-modulus silicone sealant
- Designed to achieve a watertight seal
- Use for general perimeter caulking of windows, doors and frames, precast and tilt-up panels
- Environmentally friendly
- Primerless adhesion to most substrates
Tremco Tremsil 400 is a high-performance, single-component, neutral-cure, medium-modulus silicone sealant. Tremsil 400 is specifically designed to achieve a watertight seal in expansion joints, and for general perimeter caulking of windows, doors and frames, precast and tilt-up panels. Tremsil 400, being medium modulus, has the capability to handle up to 40% expansion and contraction, making it ideal for use in dynamically moving joints. This high-performance sealant has etremely low VOC's and can be used in any VOC regulated area across the US and Canada. Tremco Tremsil 400 offers primerless adhesion to most construction substrates and reduces installation time. Tremco Tremsil 400 comes "ready to use" with no mixing required for immediate application with conventional caulking equipment. Tremco Tremsil 400 is Greenguard Gold certified to ensure safety for use in the most sensitive indoor environments, including hospitals and schools. Tremsil 400 does not generally require a primer for most construction materials. When needed, it is recommended that TREMprime Silicone Porous Primer be used for porous substrates such as concrete, brick, and stone. For non-porous substrates such as aluminum, stainless steel, or other assorted metal we recommend TREMprime Silicone Metal Primer. Tremco always recommends a mock-up or field adhesion test on actual materials to be used on the job to verify the need for a primer
- doors and frames
- precast and tilt-up panels
- concrete brick
- stainless steel
- other assorted metals
- Do not apply over damp or contaminated surfaces.
- Always apply sealants using adequate ventilation.
- Not intended for continuous water immersion.
- Not intended for structural glazing/tensile bead applications.
|SKU||Color / Finish||Case Qty|
|Container Size||10.1 fl. oz.|
|Composition||High-performance, single-component, neutral-cure, medium-modulus silicone sealant|
|Tack-free time||30 - 40 minutes|
|Tooling time||10 - 15 minutes|
|Elongation||210 to 235%|
|Tensile Strength at Max Elongation||1.24 to 1.38 MPa (180 to 200 psi)|
|Peel strength - aluminum and glass||2.63 to 3.51 kN/M (15 to 20 pli)|
- Tremsil 400 conforms to US Federal Specification TT-S-00230C, Type II, Class A
- ASTM C 920, type S, Grade NS, Class 35, Use NT, M and A
- CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87