Tremco Spectrem 2 High-Performance Silicone Sealant - 10.1 Fluid Ounce Cartridge
Tremco Spectrem 2 is a medium-modulus, high-performing, one-part, neutral cure silicone joint sealant. As a medium modulus sealant, Tremco Spectrem 2 has excellent physical properties that makes it very suitable for a variety of perimeter caulking and glazing uses and can be used as a structural tensile bead and weather sealant. This silicone sealant is specifically designed for two-sided structural glazing, perimeter and weather sealing. Tremco Spectrem 2 can also be used for cap, heel and toe beads, as well as curtainwall and window joints. Tremco Spectrem 2 provides resistance to driving rain, ozone, ultraviolet light, temperature extremes and safeguards against water penetration with exceptional weatherability in all climate zones. Common substrates where Tremco Spectrem 2 can be applied to are steel, aluminum, glass, painted metal, plastic, stone, brick and concrete. Adhesion is obtained without the need of a primer when applied to most construction materials. No mixing required when using Tremco Spectrem 2 so this silicone sealant is always ready to use for immediate application with conventional caulking equipment. Tremco Spectrem 2 is Greenguard Gold certification which ensures safety for use in the most sensitive indoor environments including hospitals and schools.
- Painted metal
- Vinyl and plastics
- Weather sealing
- Structural and non-structural glazing
- Two-sided structural glazing
- Perimeter caulking and joint filling
- Expansion joints
- Do not apply to damp or contaminated surfaces.
- Use with adequate ventilation.
- Not designed for continuous water immersion.
- Only black silicones are recommended for structural glazing applications.
|SKU||Color / Finish||Sample||Case Qty|
|Container Size||10.1 fl. oz.|
|Indoor / Outdoor usage||Both|
|Application temperature||40 °F or above|
|Skinning time||< 10 minutes at 75 °F, 50% RH|
|Tack-free time||20 - 40 minutes|
|Tooling time||10 - 15 minutes|
|Elongation||235 to 260%|
|Hardness Shore A||37 to 40|
|Peel strength (aluminum and glass)||16 to 22 pli|
|Tear strength, die ("C")||35 to 40 pli|
|Tensile strength at 100% elongation||90 to 100 psi|
|Tensile strength at max elongation||220 to 230 psi|
|Ultimate tensile strength||123 psi|
|Curing time||14 - 21 days at 50% RH at 77 °F|
|Sag||0" to 0.03"|
|Shelf life||12 months|
Tremco Spec 2 meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications:
- ASTM C920 Type S, Grade NS, Class 50, Use NT, M, G, A and O
- ASTM C1248 Standard Test Method for Staining of Porous Substrate by Joint Sealants ASTM C1184 Standard Specifications for Structural Silicone Sealants
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-001543A (COM-NBS) Class A
- CAN/CGSB 19.13-M87
- U.S. Federal Specification TT-S-00230C (COM-NBS) Class A, Type II
- Black meets all of AAMA 802.3-92 (Type I and II), 805.2-94 (Group C), and 808.3-92
- Conforms to ASTM C1184 Use G and O (Aluminum)