How to Use Dow Corning 1199 Clear Silicone Glazing Sealant
Preparation Work Surface should be clean and dry before the silicone sealant can be applied.
Dow Corning 1199 silicone glazing sealant is not intended for use:
- For constant water immersion
- In below-grade applications
- In spaces with limited exposure to atmospheric moisture during the curing process
- In silicone structural glazing applications
- As an insulating glass (IG) sealant
- On surfaces that will require painting or staining
- On surfaces that might bleed oils, plasticizers, or solvents
- On frosted or wet surfaces
- In areas where abrasion and physical abuse are noticeable
- Premature movement of the target unit may impact system performance.
- Dow Corning 1199 silicone glazing sealant may stress crack polycarbonate.
NOTE: Per Dow Corning, this product is neither tested nor represented as suitable for medical or pharmaceutical uses.