The following steps must be taken in order to apply auto glass urethane adhesives correctly and safely:
- After removing all or most of the old urethane to within 1/16" of the pinchweld, prepare the pinchweld following the procedures outlined in the CRL Technicians Training Manual. Prime these areas with 1214006 One Step Primer.
- Clean the inside of the windshield with a lint-free towel 1550 and PWR22 CRL POWR Auto Glass Cleaner.
- Apply the same 1214006 One Step Primer to the frit area with a lint-free towel and allow to dry for a minimum of 10 minutes but not longer than 8 hours before applying the adhesive. This procedure must be performed above 40°F. *
- Apply 1214006 One Step Primer to the moldings if they are part of the bonding area.
* NOTE: One Step Primer must be used prior to any adhesive application to prevent glass displacement. Failure to do so may result in personal injury or property damage.