Sika Sika-Slick Cutout Lubricant - 1 Gallon
Sika Sika-Slick Cutout Lubricant is a water-based, solvent-free cutout lubricant designed to reduce cutout force and extend blade life in the removal of glass parts from vehicles. It significantly reduces the physical effort needed during the windshield cut-out procedure which extends blade life and lessens the likelihood of injury and damage due to slippage of cutout tools. It can be used with all reciprocating cutout tools or long knives used for cutting a windshield's bottom bead, and is approved for use with all Sika adhesive systems. The innovative water soluble polymer does not contaminate the bond area. Sika®-Slick can also be used as a tooling agent to smooth the surface of freshly applied Sika polyurethane sealants and adhesives on most substrates.
- Reduces cutout force
- Approved for use with all Sika Adhesive Systems
- Extends cutting blade life
- For use with all reciprocating cutout tools
- Excellent for tooling uncured polyurethane sealants and adhesives
- Non aggressive to skin
- No washing-out or etching of fresh applied sealants or adhesives
Sika-Slick can be safely used as a cutout lubricant on automotive and architectural glass and as a tooling agent to smooth the surface of freshly applied Sika adhesives and sealants on most substrates. Sika-Slick is best suited for use with reciprocating cutting motions, such as the cutting motion of a reciprocating power cut out tool or with a long knife cutting a windshield’s bottom bead. In some instances, Sika-Slick has been found to reduce cold knife cut out forces.
- May be sprayed directly onto the surface and tooled with a smoothing tool
- Can smooth the surface by wetting an application tool with Sika-Slick
|Container Size||1 gal.|
Aqueous surfactant solution
|Application temperature range||40°F to 95°F|
|Usable life and storage||12 months when stored in sealed container in cool, dry. frost-free environment|