CRL 22 Silicone Sealant - 3 Ounce Tube
CRL 22 silicone sealant consists of a high quality formula that provides the strength and durability that you expect from a product manufactured by CRL and at a very competitive cost that you expect from PKsupplies.com. This silicone sealer has the same cure formula as CRL 33S Series sealants. It cures at room temperature and since it is a 100% silicone elastomer, this caulking product does not require additives such as activators, stabilizers or catalysts to achieve optimum performance like most other retail brands. CRL 22 silicone sealant is expressly designed to join a variety of materials including glass, aluminum, stainless steel, plastics and metal alloys. Working with glass? CRL 22 silicone sealant is perfect for joining and sealing specialty glass enclosures, assemblies, entries, partitions and glass block configurations. Don't forget to caulk your showers, baths, sinks and toilets with this best-in-class CRL 22 silicone sealant caulk. CRL 22 silicone sealant sealants have a broad exposed operating temperature range of -35F to 140ºF for outdoor exposure.
- glass partitions
- metal alloys
- many plastics
- curtainwall joints
- multi-pane windows
- steel windows
- aluminum windows
- sanitary installations
- food-related environments; walk-in freezers, refrigerated trucks, etc.
Not recommended for:
- use as structural silicone, or insulating glass glazing.
- concrete and stone expansion joints, horizontal decks, patios, driveway or terrace joints where abrasion or physical abuse is encountered.
- Sealing submerged joints, particularly where porous surfaces permit water infiltration to the bond surface.
- interior or exterior structural sealing below the waterline in marine applications.
- designs that will be painted after application of the sealant. Paint films bridge the sealant but do not adhere to the sealant.
- tooling techniques using solvents or detergent soap solutions are not recommended.
Should not be applied to the following surfaces / substrates:
- with special protective or cosmetic coatings without prior consultation of the manufacturer. Such surfaces include, but are not limited to, mirrors, reflective glass, surfaces coated with polyethylene or polypropylene where delamination is possible.
- construction materials that may exude oils, resins, plasticizers or solvents.These include, but are not limited to, unfinished or impregnated woods, certain rubber or plastic gaskets and tapes, and failed non-silicone sealants or caulking compounds.
- concrete, marble, limestone, lead or lead-coated surfaces, and copper.
- unclean or wet surfaces.
|SKU||Color / Finish||Sample||Case Qty|
|Container Size||3 fl. oz.|
|Composition||One-component silicone elastomeric sealant.|
|Indoor / Outdoor usage||Both|
|Tack-free time||13 minutes|
|Ultimate tensile strength||232 psi|
|Elongation at ultimate break||512%|
|Lap shear||190 psi|
|Tear strength||25 ppi|
|Application temperature range||-35° to 140° F|
|Service temperature range||-90° to 400° F|
|Shelf life||24 months when stored at or below 80° F|
CRL 33S Silicone complies with the following Federal Specifications:
- TT-S-001543A (COM-NBS) Class A, Federal Specification for Silicone Building Sealants
- TT-S-00230C (COM-NBS) Class A, Non-Sag Federal Specification for One-Component Sealants
- ASTM C920 Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealant as Type S, Grade NS, Class 25, Use NT, G, and A