GE SWS Silicone Weatherproofing Sealant - 20 Fluid Ounce Sausage
- 20 fluid ounce sausage
- Single-component, high performance, neutral cure silicone weatherproofing sealant
- Formed-in-place durable rubber building joint and glazing sealant
- Low modulus
- Long-term weather resistance
- Easy tooling
- ±50% dynamic joint movement capability
- Primerless adhesion to most substrates
GE SWS weatherproofing sealant is a single-component, neutral cure silicone, which is excellent for use in new or remedial weathersealing applications. GE SWS exhibits negligible change in physical properties after weathering and upon cure, becomes a low-modulus, formed-in-place durable rubber building joint and glazing sealant. GE SWS rubber sealant, when cured, exhibits excellent long-term resistance to natural weathering, including: ultraviolet radiation, high and low temperatures and rain and snow, with little change in elasticity. SWS offers the durability of a true silicone sealant but at an economical price level similar to lesser-performing sealant types. GE SCS has a ±50% movement capacity, can accommodate 50% movement in both extension and compression and has excellent recovery after cycling. GE SWS adheres to many substrates and finishes without requiring a primer. GE SWS may be considered for use with the following materials: glass, polycarbonate, vinyl, plastics, wood, painted & anodized aluminum, brick, terra-cotta, ceramic and porcelain materials, concrete and natural stones. Some finishes or substrates may require a primer. GE SWS has good workability being a temperature-stable paste which is easily applied and tooled under hot or cold weather conditions. GE SWS also allows sufficient skinning time for sealant placement and tooling.
- painted & anodized aluminum
- ceramic and porcelain materials
- concrete and natural stones
- precast concrete and tilt-up concrete joints
- window perimeters
- punch openings
- general purpose sealant for seams and curtainwall frames, screw heads and back pans.
- For use in structural glazing applications.
- For use in food contact applications.
- For use in applications where the product will be in continuous contact with water.
- Paintable (except when using SilShield* 2400 or Optic* 2401 silicone elastomeric coating).
- For use on wet, damp, frozen or contaminated surfaces.
|SKU||Color / Finish||Case Qty|
|Container Size||20 fl. oz.|
|Tack-free time||3-4 hours (at 72°F, 50% RH)|
|Tooling time||30 - 40 minutes|
|Service temperature range after cure||-55° to +250° F|
|Recommended application temperature||+40° to 122° F|
|Full cure||7 - 10 days|
|Peel strength (21-day cure @ 72°F 50% RH)||>45 pli|
|Ultimate tensile strength at 25%||19.3 psi (.13 MPa)|
|Ultimate tensile strength at 50%||30.6 psi (0.21 MPa)|
|Hardness, Type A Indenter||22|
|Joint movement capability||±50%|
|Storage||Keep container tightly closed in a cool, well-ventilated place.|
|Life expectancy||20+ years|
GE SWS meets or exceeds the requirements of the following specifications: American Society for Testing & Materials International. • C920 Standard Specification for Elastomeric Joint Sealants; Type S, Grade NS, Class 50, Use A, G, M, O.